Facebook released a huge update to Facebook pages yesterday that make pages act a lot more like profiles. This is a HUGE win for marketers, and here are the top reasons why:
- Facebook pages can now comment on other Facebook page walls
- You can now browse Facebook AS YOUR PAGE and get notifications when there is new fan activity on your page
- Facebook pages can now feature profiles at the top of the page
- Fans can more easily see which of their friends have liked your page
Here’s a complete walkthrough of all of the new features of Facebook Fan Pages:
New Facebook Page Feature: Featured Photos
- The most recent photos that you post to your Wall or photos that you tag your Page in will appear here. This area will not include any photos posted by your fans.
- To hide a photo, roll over it and click X.
New Facebook Page Feature: Navigation
Navigation links are now on the left, just like on people’s profiles.
New Facebook Page Feature: Wall Filters
- You now have two Wall filters. You can show posts by your page and top posts from Everyone, a new way for people to see the most interesting stories first. As an admin, you’ll have additional filters for viewing posts on your page.
- To set a default filter for your Wall, go to Edit Page.
New Facebook Page Feature: Admin View (Use Facebook as Your Page)
You now have the flexibility to interact with the other areas of Facebook as a page.
- Get notifications when fans interact with your page or posts
- See activity from the pages you like in your news feed
- Like other pages and feature them on your page
- Make comments as your page on other pages (BIG WIN!)
To try this new feature, you can click the link here or go to Account above and select Use Facebook as Page.
New Facebook Page Feature: New Settings
- You can set defaults for your email notifications and how you post to your page – as yourself or your page. You can also select which featured pages appear in the left column.
- To manage your settings for email and posting preferences, go to Edit Page and Your Settings. To select which pages appear in Likes, go to Edit Page and Featured.
Being able to like and comment on other Facebook Page walls is pretty powerful, especially for companies and bloggers who find success networking with others in their industry. You can now get exposure for your company on OTHER companies’ pages.
What do you think of the new Facebook Fan Page updates? Let me know in the comments below!